On this episode, Victor talks with Samuel Shin. Samuel was a psychotherapist for 7 years, but left after getting burnt out. He now does life coaching for the Asian-Am community and specifically Asian men. He runs a bi-weekly men's group, and also does individual & group coaching. He has an 8-week group coaching program for men who have left unfulfilling jobs & careers to create a life and income aligned with their passion & purpose.
[05:55] How did Sam get into men's work?
[12:15] Being a BAD means choosing the uncommon, heart-centered path
[17:15] Sam's journey in developing emotional stability and fulfillment
[32:36] How Sam could help you find purpose
[48:10] The first step to depth, aliveness, and creativity is to just start talking about it
[59:01] What Sam's working on to address these problems
From Samuel about the course...
Thanks, Victor and BAD for letting me promote my course! I don't mention much about it in the interview, so here's more info: Conscious Career Master runs every quarter. It’s an 8-week journey limited to six men who know they have a bigger, heart-centered mission, but are feeling stuck in loops of fear, self-doubt, not feeling ready or good enough (imposter syndrome). These are men who have a vision or even a general direction, but aren't sure what actions to take. Using proven techniques from therapy, meditation & coaching, I help you get clear on your vision, remove mental, emotional and spiritual blocks, and start getting results.
Contact me to get on the waitlist:
9 Ways To Become A Fulfilled, Badass Asian Dude
Download the collection of wisdom from our podcast guests on how to become a Badass Asian Dude: http://badassasiandudes.com/subscribe.
Connect with us:
- Follow the Instagram at http://instagram.com/badassasiandudesofficial
- Join the other 1200+ Badass Asian Dudes on Facebook: http://facebook.com/groups/badassasiandudes.
- Register for one of our virtual Saturday Social Hours: https://bit.ly/BADsocialhour.
- Get on the waitlist for our merch dropping soon! https://badassasiandudes.com/subscribe.
- Join the more private BAD FAM in the Emotion Dojo to exercise your emotional communication skills, limited space: http://bit.ly/emotiondojo.